Things to keep in mind before traveling
- Every tourist visiting Arunachal Pradesh needs to obtain an Inner Line Permit and a Protected Area Permit which can be collected from Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati or Tezpur airports.
- The weather in the north-east is pretty unpredictable, so be prepared to have delays due to the bad weather.
- Roads that lead to Tawang, especially from Bomdila onwards, aren’t in the best shape.
- Locals are friendly and helpful. Be patient as not everyone will know fluent Hindi or English.
- Most cell phone networks don’t work well, so inform your family or friends about your whereabouts whenever possible.
- Don’t forget to carry some ready to cook food packets or instant noodles if you’re strictly a vegetarian.
- Carry extra batteries, power banks and most importantly warm clothing.
- Keep at least a couple of extra days in hand in case of any problems like landslides and bad weather on your way.
The nearest International Airport from Tawang is Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Guwahati, roughly an 11-hour drive to Tawang. The Airpot is well connected to the major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, with at least 3-5 flights daily to each major city.
The nearest railway station is Naharlagun/Itanagar, roughly about 4 hours drive from Bhalukpong. There are daily trains running from Itanagar to Guwhati and Rajdhani express which runs twice a week.
- For Stays In Bhalukpong Pls Visit: https://tawangtourism.in/plan-your-tour/where-to-stay/
- For Stays in Bomdila Pls Visit: https://tawangtourism.in/plan-your-tour/where-to-stay/
- For Stays In Tawang Pls Visit: https://tawangtourism.in/plan-your-tour/where-to-stay/
Tawang is a town in Arunanchal Pradesh, profusely bestowed with pristine nature and a vibrant ethnicity. There is a mesh of India and China which can be witnessed during your trip to Tawang. The popular Tawang Monastery plays a special role in attracting different travelers here. Best time to visit Tawang is between March and October and for season-wise details of the town, you must read further.
|Summers||March to june||5 °C – 22 °C|
|Monsoon||july to September||15°C – 20°C|
|Winters||November to February||2°C – 10 °C|
Tawang in summer – From March till June
Summer is best time to visit Tawang. The temperature during this time ranges between 5 degrees celsius and 25 degrees celsius. The days are pleasant and nights are colder. On your visit to Tawang, don’t forget to visit the popular attractions of Tawang, Tawang Monastery, Sela Pass, Taktsang Gompa, Gorichen Peak and Shonga-tser Peak.
Tawang in Monsoon – From July till September
Tawang is mostly wet during monsoon season. Copious rainfall is sprinkled all over the vicinity and the temperature drops. However, Tawang looks even more enchanting during this season. Visit Tawang in monsoon is a good idea, if you love rains.
Tawang in winter – From November till February
Winters in Tawang are chilly and the temperature sometimes drops near the freezing point. The maximum temperature during winters in Tawang gets around 10 degrees. The coldest month of winters is January. If you are traveling to Tawang during this season, make sure you have enough clothing to keep yourself warm.