It is headquarter of Jairampur sub-division. The famous historic ‘Stilwell Road’ passing through this small town from Ledo, Assam, India to Kunming, Yunnan Province, China via Burma. The World War II cemetery of about 1,000 graves of Allied Soldiers is located 6 Km away from Jairampur at the Nampong road.
Pangsau Pass or Pan Saung Pass, 3,727 feet (1,136 m) in altitude, lies on the crest of the Patkai Hills on the India-Burma(Myanmar) border. The pass offers one of the easiest routes into Burma from the Assam plains.
The place is worth vistiing for enjoying high mountains and rich tradition & culture of the Tangsa community.The place is ideally located in a rural landscape for nature lover
Nampong is a quaint town situated in the picturesque scenic valley. All along the way from Jairampur to Nampong one can enjoy the nature’s ride and the sight of beautiful terraced tea gardens. The close proximity of the town is Burma border make it very crucial & important.
Things to keep in mind before traveling
- Every tourist visiting Arunachal Pradesh needs to obtain an Inner Line Permit(FOR DOMESTIC TOURIST) and a Protected Area Permit(FOR FOREIGN TOURIST) which can be collected from Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati or Tezpur airports.
- The weather in the north-east is pretty unpredictable, so be prepared to have delays due to the bad weather.
- Locals are friendly and helpful. Be patient as not everyone will know fluent Hindi or English.
- Sometimes cell phone networks don’t work well in remote areas, so inform your family or friends about your whereabouts whenever possible.
- Don’t forget to carry some ready to cook food packets or instant noodles if you’re strictly a vegetarian.
- Carry extra batteries, power banks and most importantly warm clothing.
- Keep at least a couple of extra days in hand in case of any problems like landslides and bad weather on your way.
Mahanbari Airport, Dibrugarh is the nearest airport to World War II Cemetery, near Jairampur and distance from airport is about 141 kilometers
Ledo Railway Station is the nearest local passenger railway station to World War II Cemetery near Jairampur and distance from Ledo railway station is 40 kilometers. Tinsukia Railway station is the nearest long distance Express Railway station to World War II Cemetery near Jairampur and distance from station is about 100 kilometers
Jairampur is the nearest bus station to World War II Cemetery and distance from bus station is 6 kilometers. From Assam, Tisukia and Margherita, one can hire taxi or avail government transport services for visiting World War II Cemetery near Jairampur.
October and April are the best months to visit Arunachal Pradesh which are the winter and the spring months for the state. Arunachal is located at a high altitude, and so has pleasant weather throughout the year. During the summers (April to June) temperature might be too high to explore during the peak daytime hours. July to September is the monsoon season in the state when the terrain transforms into a beautiful green paradise, but many tourist attractions may be closed due to heavy rainfall.
|Summers||March to june||20 °C – 32 °C|
|Monsoon||july to September||28°C – 32°C|
|Winters||November to February||2°C – 18°C|